The vision of the Indiana University Interprofessional Practice and Education Center is that all learners are systematically prepared to collaborate across professions and with people living in communities to improve population and individual health outcomes through high-quality interprofessional care.
Our strategic plan has six goals. These form the basis of our work:
- Infrastructure and capacity: Establish the Indiana University Interprofessional Practice and Education Center as a dependable, respected, and valued partner.
- Organizational Culture: Demonstrate interprofessional collaboration as an actionable core value across Indiana University.
- Professional and Leadership Development: Professional and leadership development that supports and improves interprofessional practice and education.
- Interprofessional Education: Design, implement, and evaluate educational programs in which teamwork, shared learning, and collaborative practice are explicitly connected to improved population and individual health outcomes.
- Interprofessional Practice: Build community and practice partnerships that include interprofessional collaborative practice and teamwork initiatives that include learners as one resource to improve individual and population health.
- Research and Scholarship: Conduct and disseminate scholarship emerging from and supporting continuous improvement of interprofessional practice and education.