IU IPE Seed Grant Program
The IU IPE Center Seed Grant Program (IU IPE SGP) for Interprofessional Curriculum Development intends to develop interprofessional learning activities for learners participating in the statewide Team Education Advancing Collaboration in Healthcare (TEACH) curriculum and to enhance faculty engagement and scholarship in curriculum development and implementation of interprofessional education and collaborative practice (IPECP).
The SGP provides faculty with funds, time, consultation, and support to develop and implement a curricular product/content/activity that will potentially serve as immersion or entry to practice experience in TEACH. Curricular products developed through the SGP must involve student learners from at least two (2) TEACH participating programs and should also be attentive to content that advances diversity, equity, and inclusion. Projects developed through the SGP may have the potential for use by TEACH learners across multiple sites. Curricular products will focus on the interprofessional knowledge/skills competency domains, sub-competencies, and learning objectives within the TEACH framework. Priority will be given to those which include topics reflecting current Indiana Health Priorities https://www.in.gov/isdh/files/Indiana_State_Health_Plan_I-SHIP.pdf.
Who Can Apply?
The IU IPE SGP is open to full-time Indiana University faculty (tenured, tenure track, and clinical track) from Schools represented by University Clinical Affairs and full-time faculty from partnering institutions who participate in TEACH. Faculty from partner institutions must serve as Co-Investigator and partner with an eligible IU faculty member who will serve as principal investigator (PI). Associate (part-time/adjunct) and visiting faculty may be included on proposals or partner with an IU faculty PI but may not serve as the principal investigator.
Funding Levels: Funding of up to $5,000 from IU IPE, with matching funds required from the faculty member(s) institution. Funds or release time may be used for the in-kind match. If a submitted proposal is part of a faculty collaboration from different schools/institutions, each unit involved must match or share equally in the proposed budget.
Submission Deadlines: Proposals will be accepted through 11:59 PM EST on September 24, 2021. Awardees will be notified, and initial funding will be provided by December 1, 2021.
Application Process: Submit proposals through the IU IPE event system by clicking HERE
Evaluation Criteria: IU IPE will evaluate proposals based on the following criteria:
- Submission of all required SGP application elements. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Alignment of proposed interprofessional learning activity with TEACH sub-competencies. The activity learning objectives must map to at least one of the sub-competencies in each of the IU IPE TEACH Framework. Available HERE
- Alignment of proposed interprofessional learning activity with curricular goals and Indiana Health priorities
- Representation of professions within the proposed interprofessional learning activity
- Potential impact on student learning of interprofessional knowledge, skills, and behaviors
- Feasibility of proposed interprofessional learning activity.
- Potential for sustainability, including implementation at other IU campuses.
- Description of the proposed interprofessional learning activity.
- Description of the evaluation/assessment plan for the proposed interprofessional learning activity.
- Description of proposed faculty scholarship (presentation/publication) resulting from the proposed learning activity.
In addition, the grants are offered to enhance the scholarship of teaching and learning in IPECP. Work on the IU IPE SGP projects can increase faculty competitiveness for other internal and external educational or curricular improvement grants in IPECP. The grant supports a range of faculty IPECP curricular development projects in face-to-face, online, or hybrid formats.